Hello and welcome to “3 Minute French” The aim of this course is to make French accessible to anybody regardless of age, educational background or “aptitude” for learning.
My method for teaching French is simple but effective. It works for anybody, no matter what your requirements. I have been teaching foreign languages for over ten years and I’ve taught a wide range of students of all ages and backgrounds, including students with learning difficulties, so I know my method is accessible to absolutely anyone, with no exception.
With this course, it’s almost as if you have your very own language tutor at your beck and call. Take it with you wherever you are and have a quick listen to one of the lessons whenever you find yourself with three minutes to spare. You will be amazed at how much your language skills will develop after just a few minutes a day of study. You will start to learn the French language in a simple, logical and fun way.
You will learn a variety of words that you will learn to put together to form sentences that will be useful in any visit to France or any French speaking country, and you’ll learn how to put the words together to form sentences, saying exactly what you want.
There is ample opportunity throughout the course to practise what you’ve learnt, and structured repetition ensures you’ll never forget what you’ve learnt.
What am I going to get from this course?
- How does the method work? In this course, I’ve broken down the learning process into stages. I understand that the main aim of any language learner is to be able to speak and understand the language as quickly as possible so the first stage is to give you the most useful words in French and show you how to put them together into phrases. This gets you speaking straight away and you’ll be learning to say things that you’re actually going to need to say. Before the end of the first lesson you will already be forming sentences in French. Then, once you’ve grasped the fundamentals of the language (which won’t take very long) I’ll begin to add structure.
- The structure of any language is called its ‘grammar’ and I’ll explain all this in a simple and easy to understand manner, and by knowing the structure you’ll be able to talk about anything you want. At the same time I’ll constantly be adding new vocabulary and showing you techniques to remember it all.
- Minimum input – Maximum output
- You will be taught only small amounts of information but what you will then be able to do with that information is incredible.
- “Give a man a fish; he’ll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish; he’ll eat for a lifetime”
- Rather than being given set phrases as it what normally happens when learning a foreign language, you will be shown the structure of the language enabling you to form your own phrases and sentences and have meaningful conversations instead of simply reciting what you have memorised. This again goes back to “minimum input – maximum output” Learning the structure of a language requires less time and effort than memorising enough set phrases for you to be able to express yourself in any situation. I’ll show you how to use the language so you’ll be able to communicate in any new situation, not just ones for which you have practised.
- I created this course assuming you know nothing about language learning or French. There are no technical terms or prerequisites for this course.
Who is the target audience?
- If you’re a complete beginner to French or you have struggled to learn a language in the past, then this course is perfect for you.
- The online course can be done alone but it’s also recommended to hire a teacher to suppplement your learning.
- 18 Lectures
- 1 Hours
- Language: English
- Captions: No
- Subject: Languages, French, Free Udemy Courses
- Instructed by: Kieran Ball
- Platform: Udemy